Pregnancy is one of the most rewarding and transformative experiences a woman can go through in her life
but it also is one of the toughest and taxing situations any human can go through.
If done wrong it can turn into
a very horrible situation, in this article, you would learn 7 ways ( Few minor and Few
major) that would make your pregnancy successful with the birth of a healthy child and will also help in keeping you healthy as a mother.
1. Don’t miss out on prenatal vitamins – From the days of conceiving it’s essential
that the fetus receives a healthy dose of certain vitamins for fast and proper growth.
The first month of the pregnancy is the time when the baby’s neural cord develops
which later becomes the brain and spinal cord so, nutrients like Folic acid, calcium, and iron
becomes a necessity from the start.
2. Track your weight gain and extra calories counts –
During pregnancy you are eating to sustain two lives in your body, so you need to grow
accordingly. Yes, you will gain a few extra kgs during pregnancy to
support the child inside but that doesn’t mean you have to be obese. You can always consult your
doctor and ask about the extra weight you need to put on your body. The Extra calories
you need to take depends on which trimester of the pregnancy you are in and also your
current health status.
3. Eliminate Toxic Substances – Things like alcohol, cigarettes, or any kind of drug
shall not be consumed during the pregnancy period as they are proven
to have harmful effects on the kid.
For Example – Smoking cigarettes might slow down the flow of oxygen to your child.
If you can’t stop the consumption completely you need to inform your doctor, the Doctor
will help you to make the best decision in that scenario.
4. Know when to call the doctor – The Doctor is the best person who can advise you
on anything related to your pregnancy, to be on the safer side call your doctor if you feel any of
– Pain of any kind
– Strong cramps
– Contractions at 20-minute intervals
– Vaginal bleeding or leaking of fluid
– Dizziness or fainting
– Shortness of breath
– Heart palpitations
– Constant nausea and vomiting
– Trouble walking, edema (swelling of joints)
– Decreased activity by the baby
5. Change your household chores – During pregnancy you need to be extra careful
for what you should do what you should not, yes it’s true that you need to stay active
during pregnancy but you also need to cut down a few things that you do
regularly such as,
– Lifting heavy things
– Climbing ladders
– Working with harsh chemicals like Toliet cleaner, Mosquito killer, etc.
– Working with raw meat and even if you do wash your hands thoroughly.
– Going near kitty litter ( we know you love your cat but during pregnancy,
you have to let someone else clean up its litter to avoid toxoplasmosis)
6. More Water, less sugar, and caffeine – If you drink coffee or tea, choose
decaf. Pick unsweetened options and don’t add sugar. Drink at least 8-10
glasses of water every day during your pregnancy, it would help get rid of my
problems to list a few,
and will support the blood gain in the body
7. Pick New Shoes – Yes! It may sound weird but it’s very necessary to have
comfortable shoes during your pregnancy period as it would lower the risk of fatigue,
foot swelling, flattening of feet caused by the extra weight and can even stop
from retaining extra fluid. So take the opportunity and go shoe shopping.
Above were a few things that you need to do as a mother to have a healthy pregnancy
and a healthy child, but the most important thing to do is do what feels
comfortable to you, because your comfort and health mean a healthy child.
Also whenever in doubt call the experts ASAP.